Covid-19 Student Policies
Risio Institute has adopted a Covid19 proof of vaccination policy to ensure that all students continue to have access to learn and practice performing their skills on one another and the general public in clinical, on-site modules in Calgary, Alberta.
Students must disclose their Covid19 vaccination record on day #1 of the clinical module. If students are not vaccinated against Covid19 and cannot produce a valid vaccination record, they are required to rapid test every 72 hours at their own expense. Negative Covid19 tests must be disclosed every 72 hours to the clinical instructors.
This policy applies to all students enrolled at RIDDE or engaged in related RIDDE activities.
- Risio Institute students do not need to maintain physical distancing in learning environments
- Physical distancing must be maintained in common areas.
- Masking is required in all public indoor spaces.
- All students must be vaccinated with at least a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) no later than September 20, 2021.
- All students must be fully immunized with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the WHO no later than November 1, 2021. Full immunization occurs 14 days after the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, which means all students need to receive their second dose no later than October 18, 2021.
- In place of full immunization, Risio Institute is able to accept the following:
- proof of a medical exemption; or
- regular COVID-19 testing through privately paid testing
- regular testing is considered to be at least every 72 hours